Season 2 Episode 6: Show Notes
Exciting combinations of the newest tech are starting to bubble up across the market. Today we look at a standout example of such a project as we welcome Nils Wollny, the CEO and Co-Founder of holoride, to talk about what he and his company are doing to transform transit time in cars. Holoride aims to turn transit time into an immersive virtual experience through the collection of real-time data. Their focuses are entertainment, edutainment, relaxation, well-being, and productivity, with the initial inroads made into the world of gaming. Nils talks to us about the three components of their tech; vehicle localization software, Elastic SDK, and their platform, before sharing a whole lot of insider perspectives on what is making the project possible and the route that they envision launching the product. We also talk about the history of the startup and how it grew out of the work that Nils was doing at Audi before holoride officially became independent. Join us to hear about all of this, as well as the project's foundation in the blockchain, how they tackled fundraising, and so much more!
Key Points From This Episode:
• Nils' highlights at this year's SXSW
• The initial vision for holoride and the idea for transforming transit time.
• Early demos for new media in cars and the founding of holoride as an independent entity.
• The process of building a team and developing the technology.
• Challenges in the space right now and confronting the hurdles of the pandemic.
• The process of fundraising and how holoride had to restart with strategic partners.
• Considering holoride's timing as a passenger experience company.
• The three components of holoride's tech stack: vehicle localization software, Elastic SDK, and their platform.
• How Nils and holoride are approaching enabling developers to make Elastic content.
• The exciting possibility of blurring the lines between the physical and digital landscape!
• Nils explains holoride's grounding in the blockchain.
• Looking to the future with the project and the full launch of the product.
• Nils' personal idea of success and the importance of enjoying work.
“It's good to be back in real life and have people getting into the car and you see the smiling faces getting out of the car.” — @Nils_Wollny [0:14:09]
"The ones we now have on board, they flew in. Whenever there was a time window that they could travel, they flew in and tried our tech, and yeah, were convinced afterward." — @Nils_Wollny [0:17:44]
"We have three massive industries we are trying to glue together; automotive, content, and our XR tech." — @Nils_Wollny [0:20:49]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: